Monday, November 7, 2016

Janet Reno Dead at 78

Janet Reno, former US attorney general under President Bill Clinton, died Monday
morning following a long battle with Parkinson's disease, her sister Maggy Hurchalla
said. She was 78.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/07/politics/janet-reno-dies

I met her in the 90's when I worked at the Doubletree Hotel.
She was the guest speaker for a banquet there.
Our Banquet manger at the time worked at Camp David in his past
and met her before so he was standing in the back hallway along
with the sheriff as that was her security not the secret service.

I was working on the other Hotel property and went over to the Hotel
to get more coffee pots and I saw Janet, a sheriff and our manager.
I had to say something so I walked over to them because I had to say
that I thought she got ripped off about the Waco incident.
I said there was nothing she could of done anyway, even if
they hung around to get him before he went back to the camp
they probably would of done the same thing anyway.
The guns where at their camp so the shootout at the camp would of
still happened anyway! What choice did she have?!

Janet I think said "thank you" and I took off because my boss was
looking at me. Funny, but I did have to say that being it was in me
and I would never have that chance again, so I did!

That is my memory of Janet Reno!