Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Don't Look Back my Philosophy with my 1990 Nissan 240sx



Way back in the 90's I had a 1990 Nissan 240sx along with a "HotShot" air pipe, "K&N" filter, "JET" ECU chip, "Centralforce" clutch after I blew up my stock clutch, NGK V-Power spark plugs with ground bent back for better combustion, Magnaflow exhaust with resonator taken out with a resonated tip put on angled upward single DTM legal at the time. Non synthetic oil being it was a truck type engine cast Iron it needed sticky oil for Torque. Readjusted throttle plate to be wide open grinding away some of the stop tab. Wide open it sounded like a McLaren F1 and throttle closed it sounded like a Ferrari at RPM governor it sounded like a doberman barking so it was tight.

It took me a while before I figured it out how to take out the speed governor with a timer set to 110 MPH so the cars ECU only read 110 MPH thinking the clutch was slipping so the governor would not kick in at 117 MPH. So with math I found out the top speed with tire size engine RPM etc. It was 156 mph. Many times I could start in 2 gear then go into 4th gear then 5th it could do that.

Top Speed in gears by gear ratio in Mph
1 - 35 @ 6400 Rpm
2 - 62 @ 6400 Rpm
3 - 90 @ 6400 Rpm
4 - 118 @ 6400 Rpm
5 - 117 @ 4800 Rpm Governed
5 - 156 if @ 6400 Rpm

My Philosophy? Driving in traffic I never really looked behind me driving my car.
So I was running on "Don't look back!"

Tulsa in the 90's was bad at the time for driving. It was to the point I figured it out.
To keeping people from tailgating me I would pull out in traffic taking my car to 75 MPH
then go back to 35 MPH. Yes they would be up with me till 65 MPH before I got ahead.

I lost many cops without knowing it! At the time many got chased in the next town over. The rednecks where racing the "JapCrap" cars. We all where kicking their ass at the time. It was till the point us hanging out at the convenience store the Sheriff stopped over to tell us "Stop racing the rednecks your giving them mental problems." We got out of there!

So with me being used to people racing my car I was going back and forth the Dallas at the time and every time somewhere between Oklahoma City and Dallas there was some one on my ass, so I hit it not looking back because I was up there and by the time I looked behind me they where gone. It was happening so much it was really bugging me. I would be enjoying the ride of the road bouncing with the beat of the radio mariachi music playing when here comes another ass!

I was in college at the time and I was bugged and told the group I hang out with "Why are these people racing me?" LOL! I have a history of being chased so what I said was funny. A guy heard me and he said those are cops wondering where and so I told him telling me small towns don't have the money for real police cars they use their own cars out there. Why? Cops can't drive unmarked cars they are fishing they are not targeting a specific criminal. So we and my friend went to the library and he showed me the law book on it. I said it is withholding my rights it's entrapment, all the time my friend was LOL! Then the guy asked what kind of car is it a black Nissan, they might have a photo of a black Nissan on the wall of the police department. My friend was on the floor at that point. Funny for the times not knowing!

So I didn't look back was because I never did back then with that car.
https://dugbugoffice.blogspot.com/2018/12/cars.html