Saturday, December 16, 2017

A Necessary Chaos, Sperm Whale and Bowl of Petunias



What is normal? It's something to think about.
What guides, places or tags us all in the Galaxy?
Why? For what reason for when in time or who's time.
Past life in time? My past life goes back to the Cambrian Period!
So I see it as I am a very old man preceding whatever!
http://walmartramen.blogspot.com/2013/11/my-past-life-memory-really.html

Where does that put me in the Galaxy as a fish? Questions that points to the
need to know the nature of the universe!

Family values is stagnation, being your parents. That can be like inbreeding.
The chromosomes are the same with less diversity, sickly!
Keep it in the family, keeping the value is like dressing up and acting
like your parents. No evolution there stuck in the 1950 of sorts.
This does not help society!

Vs Deviancy. That is like the road less traveled.
"In any given moment we have two options:
to step forward into growth or to step back into
safety." - Abraham Maslow

And so is deviancy is the best environment for personal growth,
as in life you would learn and know another path to go.
Vs just making the right turn when you should of made a U-turn!

~~~~~Douglas Adams > Quotes > Quotable Quote
“Another thing that got forgotten was the fact that against all probability a sperm whale had suddenly been called into existence several miles above the surface of an alien planet.

And since this is not a naturally tenable position for a whale, this poor innocent creature had very little time to come to terms with its identity as a whale before it then had to come to terms with not being a whale any more.

This is a complete record of its thoughts from the moment it began its life till the moment it ended it.

Ah … ! What’s happening? it thought.

Er, excuse me, who am I?

Hello?

Why am I here? What’s my purpose in life?

What do I mean by who am I?

Calm down, get a grip now … oh! this is an interesting sensation, what is it? It’s a sort of … yawning, tingling sensation in my … my … well I suppose I’d better start finding names for things if I want to make any headway in what for the sake of what I shall call an argument I shall call the world, so let’s call it my stomach.

Good. Ooooh, it’s getting quite strong. And hey, what’s about this whistling roaring sound going past what I’m suddenly going to call my head? Perhaps I can call that … wind! Is that a good name? It’ll do … perhaps I can find a better name for it later when I’ve found out what it’s for. It must be something very important because there certainly seems to be a hell of a lot of it. Hey! What’s this thing? This … let’s call it a tail – yeah, tail. Hey! I can can really thrash it about pretty good can’t I? Wow! Wow! That feels great! Doesn’t seem to achieve very much but I’ll probably find out what it’s for later on. Now – have I built up any coherent picture of things yet?

No.

Never mind, hey, this is really exciting, so much to find out about, so much to look forward to, I’m quite dizzy with anticipation …

Or is it the wind?

There really is a lot of that now isn’t it?

And wow! Hey! What’s this thing suddenly coming towards me very fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like … ow … ound … round … ground! That’s it! That’s a good name – ground!

I wonder if it will be friends with me?

And the rest, after a sudden wet thud, was silence.

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now.”
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/198068-another-thing-that-got-forgotten-was-the-fact-that-against

~~~~~A Necessary Chaos
Terence McKenna: The human imagination, in conjunction with technology, has become a force so potent that it really can no longer be unleashed on the surface of the planet with safety. The human imagination has gained such an immense power that the only environment that is friendly to it is actually the vacuum of deep space. It is there that we can erect the architectonic dreams that drive us to produce a Los Angeles or a Tokyo, and do it on a scale and in such a way that it will be fulfilling rather than degrading. So yes, I think we cannot move forward in understanding without accepting as a consequence of that that we have to leave the planet, that we are no longer the bipedal monkeys we once were. We have become almost a new force in nature, a thing of language and cybernetics and an amalgam of computers and human brains and societal structures that has such an enormous forward momentum that the only place where it can express itself without destroying itself is, as James Joyce says, "up n'ent!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YBxcHBbr1c