Sunday, December 9, 2018

Me getting hit by a car on a moped



Keep that in mind, I got hit by a car doing 45 mph with me on a moped
and made it! So I may not take things people think as serious, seriously!
It's not serious to me! Life is too short really to be serious!

Back in 1985 I got hit by a car on my moped. I was stopped in the street making a left turn when a car doing around 45 mph going down the road didn't see me because he had something on his dashboard blocking his view. He hit me the bike went forward and I glided with the car grabbing hold of the hood hanging on until he stopped hard and I couldn't hang on no more. I didn't want to loose my fingers so I let go and I hit the road and skidded with the car holding on to the air dam to not go under the car. All that happened to me in the end was I bruised my kidney so I turned yellow and it pulled all the ligaments in one leg because my leg got pulled up too fast as I went over the hood of the car. It took me months to walk again!


Yes I got hit by a car with me on a moped and survived.
Not as bad but like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Had20POo6ZA

I also almost got hit by a love in a car I begged her to come back as it was like
being hit by cupid. I also had a cursed car before!
https://walmartramen.blogspot.com/2015/06/here-in-my-car.html

~~~~~Mopeds and Scooters: Crash Outcomes in a High Traffic State
Abstract
Background
Moped and scooter crash outcomes in the United States were last reported over 20 years ago. These vehicles have experienced resurgence in popularity with sales that have increased up to 60% in recent years. The purpose of this study is to identify risk factors between severe and non-severe driver related injuries and to identify modifiable risk factors.

Methods
The Florida Traffic Crash Records Database (FTCRD) was used to identify all crashes involving mopeds and scooters occurring between 2002 and 2008. A total of 5,660 moped crashes were evaluated. Multivariate logistic regression was used to determine the strength of association of severe injury for each risk factor.

Results
Over 90% of drivers involved in moped or scooter crashes were uninsured. Only 17% of all drivers wore helmets. Alcohol and drug use was a significant risk factor severe and lethal crashes OR 2.09, 95% CI (1.64, 2.66). Risk factors amenable for state intervention and associated with increased severe or lethal injury were unpaved roads OR 1.57, 95% CI (1.30, 1.88); driving speeds > 20 mph OR 2.02, 95% CI (1.73, 2.36); posted speed limits >30 mph OR 1.40, 95% CI (1.22, 1.62); major roadways with 4 or more lanes OR 1.83, 95% CI (1.04, 3.21); and poor lighting conditions OR 1.69, 95% CI (1.23, 2.32).

Conclusions
These results suggest that most of the traffic infrastructure does not accommodate the safety of moped and scooter drivers. Focused interventions and further investigation into statewide traffic rules may improve moped crash outcomes.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4010945