Sunday, August 19, 2018

A Clockwork Orange, Durango 95, and my Proper Horrorshow

Back in the 90's when I had my black 1990 Nissan 240sx I would get chased a lot
in broken arrow. That was the norm back then. You would hear the rednecks say
"JapCrap cars!" a lot but others in the 90's had 300ZTT's, Supra's and etc.
So they where kicking their asses at the time. My 240 was not stock and only 
weighed 2840 Lbs and so many times at a stop light against a Mustang I would start in 
2th gear going into 4th. It could do that. That was like going 62 mph to 118 mph 
so that mustang had to stop and shift. There was no power when you shift and so 
I would pull ahead every time they shift! I took off the speed Governor also! 

Anyway I was used to being chased by people wanting to race my car
and so I took off as it was a issue to them not me! Being that, I was also going
to Dallas a lot back then and on my way somewhere between Oklahoma City
and Dallas on the highway I would be chased by someone. So I would hit it
not looking back as I was flying at a high rate of speed! And so I was gone!
This happened so much that it got irritating. I would be enjoying the drive
going up and down with the slight dips in the road listing to mariachi bands
on the radio from Dallas when someone would get on my ass!

So being irritated I would say see ya and hit it looking ahead!
I was in college at the time. And I told a friend in our group and so
this guy who was studying for a law enforcement degree overheard me.
He said those might be cops as small towns didn't have the budget for official
highway patrol cars so they use their own cars in that most where American cars
that people in small towns drove... I said BS that was entrapment as they where
not displaying they where a cop so they where just fishing. True!

So I was outrunning the cops like 50 times! The guy said I must be on a lookout
list... What kind of car do you drive. A Black Nissan 240sx... They might have a
photo of a black Nissan 240sx on the bulletin board for the lookout! 
My friend that was with me fell over LOL LMAO!!!!!!

The guy took me to the college library and showed me the state law book on
driving a unmarked car! I said BS they are withholding my rights thats
entrapment they where not targeting a specific vehicle my friend again
LOL LMAO!!!!!!

Also when I had my old red 1986 Nissan 200sx I was coming home from 
Dallas at dusk when on the highway there was a truck that lost it's load,
pipes of all sizes. I had no time to stop so I floored it and I hit the first pipe 
that brought my car up then I hit the other pipe that brought me up higher 
and so on going higher. The cars tires made the Blapppp sound 
as I hit the pipes. I flew for a small bit then I came down like I jumped a ramp! 
I yelled woohoo after I came down and flew on my way home!

In my past I got chased a lot by many but there is just too much to say here!
So I had my A Clockwork Orange car scenes before many times!
Im fun to know because I must live lively!

~~~~~Durango 95… Proper Horrorshow
There’s a bit of an accidental filmic mini theme emerging this week. So for Friday’s offering meet the The Probe, star of Stanley Kubrick’s epoch making film “A Clockwork Orange” .

This special low slung piece of period imagineering was built by engineers Dennis and Peter Adams. Launched at the London Car Show of 1969, it shared a stand with manufacturer Marcos. The Adams brothers had worked for Marcos – and with this pet project wanted to see how far they could push design under their own brand.

The original issue, the Probe 15, stood just 29 inches tall. Such a ridiculously low profile meant that their couldn’t be doors fitted, so drivers were expected to climb into the cockpit via the siding roof, a bit like the setup in the Pininfarina’s Modulo concept.

The body was made of a mixture of plywood and resin and the mechanical underpinnings were pure Hilmann Imp. The 900 cc unit and running gear would have given the Probe a terminal velocity of a very unspectacular 85 MPH.

The Probe 16, which came next, was a full five inches taller than the original and rocked a more powerful Austin 1800 engine. The package retained the ethereal feeling of science fiction and make-do-and-mendthat fitted the early seventies era perfectly.

Only three Probe 16s were ever completed – one apparently bought by American composer Jimmy Webb, one by Jack Bruce of Cream. The third was, of course, used by Kubrick, though no one seems to know where this car ended up.

Rumour has it that there are a number of Probe shells still kicking around in people’s back yards – and a version was apparently pieced together last year. Any word to where this iconic oddity might be would be greatfully appreciated.
https://www.influx.co.uk/blog/durango-95-proper-horrorshow